Ministry of Health and Sanitation, Sierra Leone
8 hrs ·
Ebola Update 21 June, 2014
• 271 Cases have been tested, with 139 confirmed for Ebola and 33 confirmed Ebola deaths
• 44 Confirmed cases are currently admitted at the Ebola treatment center in Kenema Government Hospital
• 13 cases have so far survived the disease since the outbreak and have all been discharged from the Ebola Treatment Center in Kenema
• The Health Ministers of the Mano River Union (MRU) countries (Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Cote D’Ivoire) met in Conakry, Guinea yesterday 20th June, 2014 and signed a Communique to increase the collaboration and coordination among member countries in the fight against the Ebola Viral Disease (EVD)
• The Health Ministry of Guinea donated some Personal Protective Equipment, Hand Sanitizers and Chlorine the Sierra Leone as a sign of commitment to work collaboratively with Sierra Leone in the fight against the outbreak in the two countries.